Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I don't do Mornings!

I don’t do mornings!

It is rare for me to see the sun come up.  It’s also rare for me not to watch the 10pm news on WFXL and even see the opening monologue of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallen. I guess you could say I am somewhat of a night owl.   I simply don’t love mornings! Now that is not to say that I can’t get up and get going when needed…I just don’t want to!!

Now, I do believe it was Benjamin Franklin who penned “Early to bed and early to rise… helps make a man healthy, wealthy and wise”.

So the question is “do we make better decisions in the morning, in particular “financial” decisions”?  For most Americans only two other things, family and health, are more important than financial decisions.

I have been told that “decision fatigue” referring to the results from being inundated with decisions all day long contributes to making poor decisions later in the day.
Well…what if you simply can’t perform some task until at least 10am?  What if your mind doesn't even start clicking until mid-morning?  Does that make you less likely to make sound decisions?

I don’t think so, and I have figured out that I have been blessed with what will soon be 18,250 mornings.  Now granted I have made some really stupid decisions, and a few have been financial ones; however, I have also experienced some very sound decisions.

Therefore, the only thing I am sure of is that every decision has consequences and everything just makes more since after a good cup of coffee!  Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment