Tuesday, December 27, 2016

OOPS…I did it again.


Every year I say and I quote, “I am not going to spend this much money on Christmas presents next year, we have totally missed the whole reason for the season”.

But every year, to quote the song, “I played with your heart, got lost in the game”.  When you have five children, their spouses, 12 grands, parents, brothers, sister, sister-in-law, nieces, nephews, friends and this list goes on, it’s so easy to get lost in the game and what’s a girl to do?

Then there is the whole “most wonderful time of year” thing that plays with my heart. Am I the only one that gets caught-up in the spirit of giving?  I mean, I can’t forget about my hairdresser, and then there is the less fortunate that I know baby Jesus is pleased with me doing a little something for them.

The truth is “'I’m not that innocent” (yes that is another quote from the song). I know full and well that I don’t have that kind of money. I also know that spending more money than I should is definitely not going to determine how those that I love judge me. Furthermore, it doesn’t add one ounce of reasoning for the season.  Finally, I know when I intercept the credit card bill, that I am not doing it because of my concern for my husband’s health. Although I realize it would give him a heart attack, and I would be left a widow.

I do it because it makes me feel good in the moment and I am a fool in so many ways (I can’t get the song out of my head ok). But just like the Christmas cookies that I had one too many of, the after affects have consequences. So, I am putting all my family and friends that read this on notice…Oh Baby Baby, I’m taking control.    


No comments:

Post a Comment